Thursday, February 23, 2012

Sweet Deal

In 2011 I was selected to take part in the Clackamas County Art Alliance Exhibit. My work was displayed for three months in a showcase in the Development Services Building in Oregon City. While walking through the building an art lover fell in love with a soda fired pitcher and contacted me about purchasing it. We played phone tag a few times, but finally got to chat and I discovered she and her husband are apiarists. I jumped on the chance to barter for goods. A bargain was struck and I traded my pitcher for three quarts of honey and a little beeswax.  It worked out for Eric and I to drive out and meet Nancy from Mountain Meadow Honey at her house. Nancy greeted me and was so excited to be reunited with the pitcher she had eyed months before. She was already well versed in ceramics and has wonderful art throughout her beautiful home. I wish I could have chatted longer with her and look forward to meeting up with her again. Mountain Meadow Honey, which now I know is fantastic, is available at Bob's Red Mill. I'm a big fan of the barter system and this deal sure was sweet.

No comments: