Wednesday, August 26, 2009

What a summer it has been


and it's not over yet. I have to admit I should be in the studio right now making pieces for the fall wood firings, but my main focus this summer has been my garden. This summers garden could only be described as abundant. It's been amazing and I've learned so much. We had a great snow pea and snap pea crop and I was able to put lots in the the freezer for winter stir fries. The summer squash is getting a bit old and after about 101 different recipes I'm ready to just let them grow and see how big we can get those last ones to be. Of course they will be composted at the end of the summer so they will not be wasted. We are currently enjoying egg plant, swiss chard, all sorts of peppers, fennel flowers, beets, cucumbers, onions, beans and of course tomatoes. I'm about to try my hand at pickles...I have about 40lbs of cucumbers so I better learn fast.

I will get in the studio soon, but for now it's still garden time. I hope your summer is abundant as well.

No comments: